- A dead audio box repaired. Model: PresonusPosted 1 year ago
- Desktop Front USB Port Working IntermittentlyPosted 1 year ago
- A wireless microphone and base repaired. Model: MC737Posted 1 year ago
- PC CMOS battery changedPosted 1 year ago
- Short Circuit FinderPosted 3 years ago
Installing Astro Satellite Dish
Two weeks ago i have engaged a friend to install TV antennas for me and today there was another guy from ASTRO (direct broadcast satellite (DBS) pay television) came to my house to fix the ASTRO Beyond satellite dish. Astro Beyond dish is bigger than the normal Astro dish. One has to pay RM20.00 extra to get the HD movie quality. Before he adjusted the dish to get the best reception, he turned on an equipment and look at the signal strength. The equipment also produce high pitch beeping sound if there is a very good reception. The name of the test gear was Horizon Digital Satellite Meter and it was provided by the Astro company. The cost of the meter is RM3000.00. For Astro Beyond, he have to select Measat 3a to test and for normal Astro Channels he have to select Measat 3 only. You can click here to learn more about Measat.
He told me that during the early days, one could earn a lot just by fixing satellite dish but now since many houses already have one thus the earning had dropped. Below are the photos of the Astro Installer and the meter: