- Error Loading Operating System Problem SolvedPosted 273 days ago
- How I clean/restore Audio FadersPosted 286 days ago
- Trick For Testing SMD ComponentsPosted 342 days ago
- Another Zener Diode Tester Was BuiltPosted 506 days ago
- Zener Diode TesterPosted 596 days ago
- Repaired An Electronic Welding Inverter. Model: Selco Genesis 140Posted 599 days ago
- Building Your Own RF Field Strength MeterPosted 606 days ago
- Repairing LED FloodLightPosted 617 days ago
- Zener Diode TesterPosted 747 days ago
One Vertical Or Horizontal Line Across LCD Monitor Screen
If you come across any LCD Monitor that have a permanent one vertical or one horizontal line across the LCD screen then most probably you need to replace the LCD Panel as both the problems can’t be repair due to the fault could be in the LCD driver IC, LCD Controller board or even the broken TCP package or problem with the TAB bonding.
One vertical or one horizontal line problem in LCD Monitor is totally different from when you are repairing the CRT Monitor. If there is one vertical line problem, you will be looking at the fault at the horizontal section or even with an open horizontal yoke coil (which is very rare) and if there is one horizontal line across CRT Monitor screen, then you will be concentrating on the vertical section. It could be a drj joints, bad vertical IC, missing supply IC, bad corresponding components or even missing the main waveform from the horizontal/vertical oscillator IC.
The problem in CRT Monitor is quite direct and you can solve the problem fast but this is different in the LCD Monitor as it contains more complex circuit as most of the signals running are digital signals. LCD Monitors have many databus lines carrying lots of digital signals. The conclusion is the only choice to solve the permanent one vertical or one horizontal problem is to directly replace the LCD panel.