- Error Loading Operating System Problem SolvedPosted 395 days ago
- How I clean/restore Audio FadersPosted 408 days ago
- Trick For Testing SMD ComponentsPosted 464 days ago
- Another Zener Diode Tester Was BuiltPosted 628 days ago
- Zener Diode TesterPosted 718 days ago
- Repaired An Electronic Welding Inverter. Model: Selco Genesis 140Posted 721 days ago
- Building Your Own RF Field Strength MeterPosted 728 days ago
- Repairing LED FloodLightPosted 739 days ago
- Zener Diode TesterPosted 869 days ago
How To Locate The Primary Winding Of Flyback Transformer
Got a question from ERG member:
Can the Blue Ring Tester that I purchased from you be able to test the TV Flyback Transformers?
Jestine- Yes you can
And what If I do not have some of the TV schematic diagrams, how should I identify which pins in pair. Meaning to say pin No.? & pin No.? are related for testing.
Jestine- Check for the flyback pin that goes to the collector pin of HOT and the B+ pin (supply from power supply). That is the primary winding of flyback transformer.
If you are repairing the CRT Monitor then you have to find out from center pin of the B+ FET that goes through a Diode (ultra fast recovery diode) and then to the flyback pin. Another pin was from the collector of HOT. Both the pins is the primary winding of the flyback transformer. Try practice to find these two pins because i came across quite a number of technicians could not trace these pins. The primary winding is important if you are in the CRT TV/Monitor repair because a shorted/ partial shorted winding could cause the equipment to shutdown, low power, power blink or even blow up the HOT. If you come across a shorted HOT please make sure you test this primary winding before you put in a new HOT otherwise if the primary winding have problem, it may takes a split of seconds to kill the new HOT.
Again, it come back to the important of using flyback tester/Blue Ring Tester to find out the bad winding. Without the tester, surely it would take you a longer time to troubleshoot the problem that related to shorted primary winding in Flyback transformer.