- Error Loading Operating System Problem SolvedPosted 278 days ago
- How I clean/restore Audio FadersPosted 291 days ago
- Trick For Testing SMD ComponentsPosted 346 days ago
- Another Zener Diode Tester Was BuiltPosted 510 days ago
- Zener Diode TesterPosted 600 days ago
- Repaired An Electronic Welding Inverter. Model: Selco Genesis 140Posted 604 days ago
- Building Your Own RF Field Strength MeterPosted 611 days ago
- Repairing LED FloodLightPosted 621 days ago
- Zener Diode TesterPosted 752 days ago
How Do You Test UPS Battery?
Okay, how do you test UPS battery? UPS stand for Uninterruptible Power Supply and this equipment use the seal lead acid battery type. If you check the voltage of the battery with a normal multimeter, then i guess it is not accurate because a bad battery may also show a good voltage. The battery will fail under load test! If you really need to accurately test the battery you need a battery tester that is design to test such battery like the one in the photo. For a good battery the pointer will kick up and stay there and you could feel the heat underneath the meter (perhaps there are big resistors to act as a load). You can’t test it for long as it can become very hot. At least with this test you are now know that the battery is good.
If the battery is weak (but multimeter showing good voltage) the pointer will flick and then gradually coming down. In fact this type of meter is design to test on the automobile battery and can be used to check on seal lead acid battery too. Do you have other way to accurately test a seal lead acid battery? Appreciate your comment-thanks