- Error Loading Operating System Problem SolvedPosted 211 days ago
- How I clean/restore Audio FadersPosted 224 days ago
- Trick For Testing SMD ComponentsPosted 280 days ago
- Another Zener Diode Tester Was BuiltPosted 443 days ago
- Zener Diode TesterPosted 534 days ago
- Repaired An Electronic Welding Inverter. Model: Selco Genesis 140Posted 537 days ago
- Building Your Own RF Field Strength MeterPosted 544 days ago
- Repairing LED FloodLightPosted 554 days ago
- Zener Diode TesterPosted 685 days ago
Connecting Zener Diode In Series
How many of you have connected two zener diode in series before? I use this method when i couldn’t get the original part number from the local electronic distributors. For example, Acer aspire have an additional audio board inside the monitor. Whenever the zener diode shorted it will cause no power problem in the Monitor. The real challenge is not about troubleshooting or finding this shorted zener diode, it was the voltage that i could not get from electronic suppliers. It was rated as 200V and if according to Philip ECG Master replacement Guide Book, it was the highest voltage in the zener diode category. For your information , the 2.4Volt zener diode was the lowest voltage if according to the replacement guide book.
The only way for me to solve this problem is to use the series connection method. I connect two 100 Volt zener diode in series, the cathode to anode of another zener diode. I got 200V and the Monitor was brought back to life again. Imagine if you do not know about this method you may end up spending more time to search for the part number or even end up can’t repair the Monitor. The good news was that the problem i mentioned above was a common fault for this ACER aspire 15″ CRT Monitor.
Do you know now how important is the theory of basic electronic is? So if you are good in practical and wish to know more about electronics-read more about electronics theory. With theory back up plus your good technical knowledge, you are only heading to the correct path. Always remember this word “Making Yourself Better Than You Were Yesterday”!